Subject: Re: FLASH: Problem with On Mouse (release)
From: Marc Hoffman, Poison Dart Frog Media
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 01:03:26 +0100

At 05:56 PM 6/29/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I've got a string of buttons that are supposed to get a URL on release.
>This ordinarily wouldn't be a problem, 'cept I have 10 movies that are
>activated one way or another on rollover. The roll over works perfectly
>but the buttons refuse to get a url at least 90% of the time, can anyone
>help me out here?
>-Corbin Smith

I have seen Flash be quite sluggish carrying out actions when the processor
is being highly taxed by changing graphics. For instance, I had buttons
that on mouseover would start rather large animated movie clips, so that
sometimes the Over state graphics that I'd built into the buttons would be
delayed while the external movie clips started to play. I have not had
failure of OnRelease actions, however, but perhaps delays. I think we would
need to see your .fla; can you post it on a server somewhere?

Marc Hoffman

marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com (mailto:marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com)
Flash3 Portfolio: <http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/sampler>, featured
in Flash 3 Web Animation, by Ken Milburn.