Subject: Re: sound streaming
From: Colin Moock
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 15:35:30 +0100

Sorry Jim, just saw your other post...didn't know you don't do much
JavaScript, so here's the rest of what you'll need in your page:

1) In your EMBED statement, name your first movie "firstmovie"
2) In the HEAD of your page, put:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT">
<!--
//This function listens for FSCommands from your first movie...
function firstmovie_DoFSCommand(command, args){

if(command=="setbuttons"){
var destframe = parseInt(args)
setbuttons(destframe)
}}

***PUT SCRIPT I SENT BEFORE HERE***

//-->

</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript">
<!--
// Map VB script events to the JavaScript method - Netscape will
ignore this...
// Since FSCommand fires a VB event under ActiveX, we respond here
Sub buttons_FSCommand(ByVal command, ByVal args)
call buttons_DoFSCommand(command, args)
end sub
-->
</SCRIPT>

3) In your first movie, make the action on the button have a Network
URL of:
FScommand:setbuttons

and in the "Target" put the number of the frame you want your sound
movie to move to.

4) I just noticed something I forgot to change below. Fix the last line
in the first script I sent:
This:
> bm.GotoFrame(framenumber);
Should read:
soundmovie.GotoFrame(framenumber);

That's most of what you'll need. Might be some typos etc, but you
should be able to take it from there...

Cheers,
Colin