Subject: Re: FLASH: Missing files on a site...
From: John Croteau
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 22:49:34 +0100

Hi Frank,

> I'm having one or two problems with the differences between Netscape and
> Explorer..
> Basically - in Netscape the site looks perfect, in Explorer the browser
> claims to be unable to find files....
IE Mac or IE windows?

> Question: is it really necessary to write 2 complete sites and detect the
> browser in use??? Is there an easy way to make the site acceptable to the
> 2 main browsers, whilst maintaining layers and the like....
> I'm not designing really high tech stuff here - just trying to please the
> clients!
No, for Flash if you place the EMBED tag inside of the Object, IE Win
95/98/NT work quite well together with other browsers.
If you are combining DHTML and Flash then you can still combine pages
but it is best to use Dreamweaver 2 because even simple things can get
complicated quickly providing new features for both Netscape 4, IE 4 and
maintaining compatibility with old browsers. Only IE 4+ supports the
advanced Flash DHTML features such as transparency so far.

See Aftershock and HTML
Also make sure the MIME is set on the server (see Server)
http://www.FlashCentral.com/Tech/Index.htm