Subject: Re: FLASH: bitmap smoothing - won't smooth
From: dmorriso
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 13:39:44 +0100

anna,
In the bitmap properties (in Library) is the "export as" menu set to
lossless or default. I tried your test and on my Flash swf "export as"
lossless looks fine, but "export as" default (keeps going to 50% compression
JPG) looks bad. Of course the file size is bigger.

This might be some trade off with Flash since it uses JPG for bitmaps in
the swf. Don't know if this helps or not. (I'm using Mac OS 8.51 to test
this)

--
Douglas Morrison
MediaZen