Subject: Re: FLASH: Random Stars
From: Cheri Harder
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 06:04:15 +0100

Darren, it seems to me that I have discovered, and someone else confirmed I
THINK, that duplicate movie clips always seem to appear on top of everything
else. I had assumed that it was on top of everything else in that layer,
but now that I think about it, I think it is on top of anything on the
stage. This would make sense (kind of) because the layers are all flattened
at publication, I think, and only the order is remembered. Then, since new
mc's are created on the fly, they're on top. I am not really clear on what
the "level" when you duplicate them is, then, but I do know if you put them
all on the same level they will overwrite each other.

Wonder if Flash 5 is going to give us more control over duplicated mc's?

At any rate, it doesn't seem to matter much in your case, because they
rarely appear over a letter and it doesn't look bad when they do, to me,
hardly noticeable. The only other thing I can think of is to decrease their
alpha even a bit more...

Turned out nice!

~~~~Cheri Harder~~~~~
charderatawsolution [dot] com
Advantage Web Solution
www.awsolution.com

> Although even though they are on the bottom layer, and the text is two
> layers above, they still wash out the text.

> Any ideas, have a look at: http://www.aurorainformationsystems.com/

flasher is generously supported by...