Subject: FLASH: Re: Publishing Flash text to html $MT
From: Ray Broussard
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 06:11:40 +0100

Thanks JD. Reinstalling flash gave me a fresh default.html file.

However, the fresh default.html file didn't totally solve the problem. It seems
that &MT is successful grabbing text from the flash movie if the text is either
in the main timeline or in a MC which is in the main timeline, but does not see
the text if the text is in a MC in a MC in the main timeline (or deeper). And,
when it did see the text string, it published it 33 times - the number of frames
the MC spans in the main timeline. Interesting, but I think I will simply copy
and paste the text out of my current project since $MT cannot see it.

Here is the default.html I used:
http://www.Photographicvr.com/flashtexttest/default.html

A. See this page for a Flash and the published html from the default.html above,
where the text is in a MC in the main timeline:
http://www.Photographicvr.com/flashtexttest/flashText2html-A.html

B. See this page for a Flash and the published html from the default.html above,
where the text is in a MC which is in a MC in the main timeline:
http://www.Photographicvr.com/flashtexttest/flashText2html-B.html

Stuffit archives of the .fla files from conditions A and B are posted here:
http://www.Photographicvr.com/flashtexttest/flashText2html-A.sit
http://www.Photographicvr.com/flashtexttest/flashText2html-B.sit

Ray Broussard
http://PhotographicVR.com

>At 11:36 AM 4/3/0, Ray Broussard wrote:
>> ...when I publish, the text from the Flash does not show up...
>> http://BraveNewMedia.net/flasher/default.html
>
>That looks very similar to what I see in my own default.html. The
>linebreaks are very different though.
>
>... whoa, hold it, there are definite changes in that file on your site...
>first comes the HTML tag, then the BODY tag, then the HEAD block opens and
>closes, and finally the BODY and HTML blocks close.
>
>I'm not sure whether this is the file you have in your HTML folder, Ray, or
>whether you're trying to customize a publishing template. One way or
>another though the HTML got broken though. If this is a customization, can
>you make it more like one of the existing samples? Or if this is what's in
>the HTML folder as default.html, then can you reinstall to get the
>undamaged file back again?
>
>I may be offbase here, but does either of these address what you're looking
>at there...?
>
>jd

Ray Broussard of New Orleans
http://PhotographicVR.com