Subject: FLASH: Parents and children
From: John Prince
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 17:44:59 +0100

How can I subscribe to the digest? I'm on a lot of other lists (Authorware,
Director, etc.) and I hear this list is as heavy as both of those.

Now, my Flash questions:

On our website, I have a javascript function that opens a window and plays a
Flash.swf file in that window. In that Flash movie, there is a button that
has
the GetUrl action assigned to it.

What I need is this: when the user clicks on the button, I need to open
different URL in the original browser (that contains the javascript
function).

In other words, when window A opens window B, how can I create a function so
that window B can communicate back to window A (in this case, change the
URL).
Can the child call back to the parent in JavaScript?

Or can this even be done? If not, next question:

Is there a way to change the size of a flash window (opened by a JavaScript
function) when the user clicks a button. In other words the window opens at
height=450, width=300, but I want it to maximize when the user clicks a
button.

Can this be done?

Also . . . can anyone recommend a *good* Flash book. Something comparable to
Joe
Ganci's book for AW (for you Awarians on here).

Thanks!

-jp

Teknekron Infoswitch is now e-talk Corporation. Visit our website at
www.e-talkcorp.com.

flasher is generously supported by...