Subject: FLASH: Flash app test - cascading nav
From: Nathan Dicken
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 21:15:48 +0100

Hi all,

I've been working on a cascading nav system for a site that we're
developing and would appreciate any testing that you could do and comments
that you might have. The nav takes a few seconds to build itself just to
let you know... In the final version there will be a more animated way of
displaying this or a loading bar.

http://www.fusionary.com/flashdemos/cascading_nav/

The purpose for this app is a cascading nav that reads in all its data
(button labels, positions, urls) from a series of text files that are
fairly easy to edit - this all to replace an older Java version that is
being used now on the client's present site. The app reads in all the data
and duplicates mc's as needed while also splitting up the text button
labels and determining their # of lines. Over all this is a scrolling
system that comes in as needed to allow searching through the nav while
it's expanded beyond the dimensions of the swf file.

If you would be able to test this and see if you find any problems that
would be appreciated much. I do know of one small problem now that I'm
working on fixing - there are a couple of text fields that read off the
right edge of the nav.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Nathan Dicken
Fusionary Media