Subject: FLASH: SFMMUF: Today 4/4 - Flash Tips and Tricks for Everyone
From: Pete Grant
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 12:29:29 +0100

SFMMUF: Today 4/4 - Flash Tips and Tricks for Everyone
LOCATION: First Floor Conference Room, 600 Townsend Street & Seventh, San
Francisco.
ADMISSION: $5. $2 if you are a returning member bringing a first-time
attendee.
Exact change is appreciated.

APRIL MEETING OVERVIEW
In our April meeting we'll be exploring the in's and out's of Flash 4.
Find out how the experts are getting the most out of this fantastic product.
Regardless of how much experience you have with Flash 4, you're bound to
learn some great tips on making your experience with Flash more productive.

MAY MEETING - MEMBER SHOWCASE
May will be our annual User Showcase where you'll have a chance to show
off your latest projects. If you're interested in presenting, please
contact
shawnakellyatrocketmail [dot] com. You should be receiving an official
announcement this week.

JUNE MEETING - YOU DECIDE
Let us know what you think we should cover in our June meeting. If you have
an idea for a theme, want to know more about a product, or know someone
who would be a great speaker, please let us know. Ideas should appeal
to the greater multimedia audience, and as such not be too limited in scope.
Send all suggestions to sfmmufideasat720 [dot] com. Thanks.

DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE DRUMBEAT/DREAMWEAVER SIG!
Many people don't realize that there's a great new SIG in the Bay Area
for Drumbeat and Dreamweaver users. They meet on the fourth
Tuesday of every month. If you'd like more information or to be
put on their distribution list, please contact Tanya Chagalova at
tchagalovaatmicromegasystems [dot] com.

NEW WEBSITE UP AND RUNNING
Please check out our new site at http://www.sfmmuf.org. Lots of Macromedia
product links, info on meetings, job listings, message board, and more.
Although it's brand new, we hope that our site will be a valuable resource
for our members. Please check it out and tell us what you think so we can
make it even better.

SFMMUF Meeting Schedule:
6:00 - 7:00 Q&A with John Dowdell of Macromedia
7:00 - 7:45 First presentation: Beginner Flash 4 Tips and Tricks
7:45 - 8:00 General Announcements
8:00 - 8:20 Pizza and good conversation
8:20 - 9:05 Second presentation: Advanced Flash 4 Tips and Tricks
9:05 - 9:15 Raffle and product giveaway (Dreamweaver 3/Fireworks 3 bundle)

*As anyone who attended the last meeting can attest, there were tons
of job positions announced in March. Our meetings are a great
chance to meet other people in the industry, share experiences,
and make new friends. If you've never attended a meeting before, we
encourage you to check us out in April.

John Dowdell - Resident Guru at Macromedia
John will be available to answer questions and discuss technical issues
related to the implementation of Macromedia technologies within the field of
multimedia. This is a great opportunity to discuss technical issues with
some of the top developers in the Bay Area, of which John is highly
respected as one of the best. The members of the group consider it a rare
privilege to have John as a regular supporter of our group. Come with
questions or just to listen and learn.

FIRST PRESENTATION - ADVANCED FLASH 4 TIPS AND TRICKS
The first half of the evening will be directed toward beginner to
intermediate flash users. During this hour, we will discuss the use of
movieclips within a flash movie, how to target them, how to load
external documents into your .swf file, and then we'll go briefly into
the biggest hurdles that we ran into when attacking expressions.

First presenter - Neeld Tanksley
Neeld has spent most of his adult life travelling to exotic places and
appreciating their beauty. After taking a director class from Lynn
Zamara he decided to get involved in the tech industry. Since then, he
has taught himself how to use Flash 4.0, Director 7, Adobe Photoshop,
Fireworks, Allaire Coldfusion, HTML, Javascript, ASP, JSP, SQL7, Oracle
8I, and has consistently pushed the envelope with each new technology
that he tackled. He currently works as the technical lead at sonheavy
industries in San Francisco. Neeld still wants nothing more than to sit
on a beach looking at palm trees.

FIRST PRESENTATION - ADVANCED FLASH 4 TIPS AND TRICKS
The second half of the evening will be directed toward intermediate
to advanced flash users. We will discuss how to connect your .swf
files to database driven content. We will also go deeper into
expressions and how they work. Specifically with regard to
collecting data, outputting it, and dynamically creating, naming and
placing objects on the screen.

Second Presenter - Luke Bayes
Luke entered the tech industry a little under two years ago with a class
also taught by Lynn Zamara. He then attacked Flash 4.0 with the intent
of specializing in that alone. After taking a position at sonheavy
industries in October, he has worked with, Director 7 and Lingo, Adobe
Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, HTML, Javascript, ASP, SQL7, digital
video, Linux, Unix, and five amazing members of the current production
team. Luke still believes that somehow, he can make a difference.
* * * *
Tell a friend! To join this list (remember, it's announcements only) send
email to majordomoatsirius [dot] com that says "subscribe sfmmuf-l" in the body of
the message. To leave us, send email to majordomoatsirius [dot] com that says
"unsubscribe sfmmuf-l" in the body of the message. We'll miss you.

flasher is generously supported by...