Subject: RE: FLASH: Flash app test - cascading nav (v2.0)
From: Nathan Dicken
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 14:13:48 +0100

Hi Jérémie,

The text files load when the Load Variables command is called within the
Flash movie. When this script is called from Flash, the text files are
imported and the playhead stalls until all the variables are loaded from
that specific text file. Esentially, one line of code completes before
going on to the following line. The text files are loaded into the browser
cache but through the way the Flash file is structured, it goes through a
complete rebuild as the browser page reloads or as you leave and revisit
the page. This includes importing the text file variables every time. I'm
currently working on faster methods to import these text files but still
sticking to using text files as they are easy to read and update.

As far as lending out the .fla, I must say thanks for asking but this one I
must keep private. However, I'd be happy to answer any of your questions
about the Flash file structure or overall concepts in how it works. Hope
you understand... :)

Thanks again for checking this out and for you comments and if I can be of
any more help just let me know.

Nathan Dicken
Fusionary Media

>Hi Nathan,
>
>I'd like to know how you ensure the TXT file is fully loaded before the
>animation continues ???
>and also how you force the TXTfiles reload from the server to the client
>because I've made tests wich shows that if the TXT is in the client cache,
>it is never reloaded from the server ???
>I apologize for my bad english.
>Thanks.
>
>Is there a chance to get the .fla ??
>
>(About 40 seconds for me to load on a PC IE5 and a real bad connection.)
>
>Jérémie.
>jevrardatuniversinformatique [dot] fr
>
>UNIVERS Informatique
>http://www.universinformatique.fr