Subject: RE: FLASH: Cool video games
From: Dunn, Jeff
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 15:05:39 +0100

I followed a tutorial to get the collision detection for the Ozzy bat game:
http://www.webn.com/flash/bats.swf
http://www.webn.com/flash/bats.fla
and everything worked fine. As per the tutorial, I made two empty objects
on the stage called subroutines and call_check which contain the logic in
frame behaviors linked to tell-target actions which jump the target movie
clip to a particular frame.

The problem started when I tried to use the same logic on my new game:
http://www.webn.com/flash/sean2.swf
http://www.webn.com/flash/sean2.fla
This is a boxing game. You can drag Sean Penn by hovering over him and
click to punch. The red circle is the "fist" In order to make it work, I
need collision detection between two nested movie clips. I thought I had
referred to the nested clips using the right "path." But, either I am wrong
about this or there is some other reason that the game won't function. I
have included links to the fla files to further illustrate my difficulty.
If anyone has any suggestions or comments, I would greatly appreciate them.

Jeff Dunn
Clear Channel Website Services Group
606-655-6539