Subject: RE: FLASH: bitmap imports
From: Andrew Timberlake
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 10:29:11 +0100

I battled for hours with this problem. Using a GIF export will not give a
transparent background from any program into Flash. Flash just won't read
the transparency.
To import with transparency, you have to use a PNG file saved with alpha
(probably 24bit with alpha)

Here comes the next problem. Save As PNG with Photoshop and it still gives
you a background color.
The only way I could do anything is save as Photoshop File (PSD) and then
open the file in another program, I used MS Image Composer, to save as a PNG
retaining transparency.

Sounds awfully longwinded but I've found no other way using Photoshop. If
anyone else can make this any easier, please share.

Otherwise, I hope this helps a little?

Andrew Timberlake
andrewatwebcom [dot] co [dot] za <andrewatwebcom [dot] co [dot] za (mailto:andrewatwebcom [dot] co [dot] za)>
www.webcom.co.za <http://www.webcom.co.za>
www.pietermaritzburgonline.co.za
<http://www.pietermaritzburgonline.co.za>

       "There are three types of people in this world"
          1. Those that MAKE things happen!
          2. Those that WATCH things happen!
          3. And those that ask - What the hell has happened?
                                           - Author unknown