Subject: Re: FLASH: Hidden Frame routine problems with "top"- up windows.
From: David Gary
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 17:19:15 +0100

David Gary wrote:

> Hiya Flashers,
>
> Heres my delima:
>
> Im using a hidden frame routine to work around IE's Liveconnect prob so I can
> call a pop-up window from flash....

It seems if I call the pop up window from the flash button in IE3 and launch my JS
from the hidden frame it brings the pop-up window between my Frontpage and
fullsize frameset page. where you cant see it. BUT, if I hit the flash button
again _then_ it brings the pop up window to the forefront where it can be seen. I
dont get this.
Why should I have to hit the FLash button twice to get the pop-up window to lay on

top of the frameset page?!! In NS4 it works beautiful, In IE3, its a chigger in
my ass, I cant expect the viewer to nail the Flash button twice to call up the
pop-up window in IE3. Why won't it pop up to the forefront to begin with on the
first press?!!

Does ANYONE have a clue? Im by far a JS/HTML guru, but I know some of you are.

-DG-