Subject: Re: FLASH: Nested Movies; was:Frame rates
From: David Gary
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 04:31:47 +0100

A D A M wrote:

> Good Explanation for all of this, it certainly clears some stuff up to me (a
> beginning shocker)... but I am still unclear on a few things.. Does every symbol get
> its own level (graphics, buttons, and movies) in the main movie or just movie
> symbols?

No movie clips are different than Movie swfs. All symbols, including movie clips sounds,
etc. in the movie swfs library belong to that movie.

Only swf files can belong on a level.

Look at it this way. movie clips and animated graphics are put on layers inside
a swf movie.

Then the swf movies can be loaded on different levels through the "load movie"
command.

> And when I put my movie symbols into the main movie they just loop.How can
> I get rid of this.. there is no play once, like the instance properties for a
> graphic symbol. Would it be better for me to just have entirely seperate movies and
> then use the load movie to include them (this sounds like what you are talking
> about)?

No, again movie clips and movies are 2 different things. Place a "stop" action
keyframe at the end of the timeline in your movie clips to keep them from looping. Only
use "load movie" when your movie swfs start getting to large and learn how to make the
movie swf talk to each other if theres interaction involved.

-DG-