Subject: RE: FLASH: Site structure in flash
From: John Dowdell
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 00:31:42 +0100

At 4:24 PM 8/24/98, Chris Jester (CTS Technical) wrote:
>1.)Some companies worry that if you are gone who will update the site? Flash
>is popular but not enough to where many know it yet. That will cause a
>problem. I have created some flash site and the customer say wow that great,
>but who will update the web site?

Sidenote: Some sites use Generator for this problem... changes can be made
to a text file, and new SWFs are generated automatically.

This is not a universal solution for all sites with similar problems, but
it's already in use by some. In the Generator newsgroup there are already
some ISP hosting services, which you can tap into along with your main
pages on your existing ISP... this will extend the serving capability to
more audiences.

jd

Private email options: http://www.macromedia.com/support/priority.html
Entertainment on the web: http://shockrave.macromedia.com/