Subject: Re: FLASH: Onion skin capture graphic?
From: Jeff Talbot
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 08:07:27 +0100

Hi again Jeff,
>>2) Temporarily insert key frames into the empty frames between the
>>tweens, then turn on onion skinning if you want to see the effect but
>>most importantly turn on 'edit multiple frames' and select the frame
>>range you want. Then use copy and paste to keep everything as
>>vectors/text. If you want the grey text or shape outlines as seen in
>>onion skinning I'm afraid you'll have to edit the shapes yourself
>>afterwards ;)
Have you tried it yet? Works like a charm (at least in F3, haven't
tried F4 though).

> Do you mean in the same layer? won't inserting keyframes destroy the
> tweens and ruin the effect?
Yes, you must insert the keyframes in the same layer between the
tweened keyframes as described. The end result is a series of
keyframes with actual objects rotated (or whatever) at the angles you
would see with onion skinning on. The difference is that these are
selectable objects which you can copy and paste wherever you like. As
opposed to an outline preview that you can't select with onion
skinning alone.
This technique will not 'destroy' your tweens, but it does temporarily
add extra (unnecessary) keyframes - select the frames in question and
use 'remove keyframes' (shift F6).

Hope this makes it a little clearer

Jeff

--
"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."