Subject: FLASH: complete variable question
From: patrick moore
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 01:25:22 +0100

Sorry, my mail wasn't completed when I sent it, Please read the bits you
haven't read

Although I haven't used the variable/randomn function, I presume they
can be used similarly to director in that I can place certain movie
clips or symbols into a phrase.

Like "put members "goggle", "toggle" into x
then
set x = true

I'm not suggesting that the phrase above is what I wish to achieve, but
how is it that I "put" flash items such as MC's and symbols into a
variable.

Someone posted this recently:
> Just a small query.... how do you use the random function in Flash 4?
Set Variable: "Number" = Random (x)
Will return an integer between 0 and x-1 to the variable Number.
Set Variable: "Number" = Random (4) will return 0, 1, 2 or 3

How would I implement this?

I know this may be a completely moronic question, but I'm a graphic
designer, not a technical person unfortunately.

Thankyou for your help,
Patrick Moore
Designer
Harrow Productions