Subject: Re: FLASH: Preloading question
From: John Croteau
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 15:51:07 +0100

Hi Bill,

> Is there a way to make it so that if someone has the flash movie loaded
> already it will skip the preloader?
Use an If frame is Loaded (no loop) in Frame 1that checks to see if the
last frame is loaded. If loaded it will Go to and Play after the loading
section.

Note, this action placed in Frame 1 (as normal) will not work with some
large movies (over 100K) especially if they use scenes. For large movies
without scenes I find that you can make it work reliably by putying a
backup If frame is loaded check for the last frame a few frames into the
movie (5-10).

> using javascript to preload things from another url (non-flash) while
> the animation is playing?
You can preload the movie by playing it in a small 2x2 size on the page
previous to the actual page you will be displaying the movie.