Subject: RE: FLASH: MP3 Questions.
From: Scott Ewen
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 18:13:49 +0100

I've had good luck taking a CD Audio file coverting it to WAV format
with SOUNDEDIT (at CD quality) and then importing that into FLASH to
commpress using MP3 16kbps. I can get a full 3 minute song down to
around 350-400 k (about a 3 minute download on a 56k modem). Although
the sound is a bit 'canned' its definately acceptable.

The only pitfall is that working with an audio file that large in
FLASH is one grueling task. It can take up to 4 minutes to export (G3
Mac) so now I add the sound files at the very end of production to
avoid all that waiting.

One trick Ive discovered to avoid making your visitors wait for all
that data is to leave your AUDIO track separate from the main movie
using the LOAD/UNLOAD MOVIE function.Create a keyframe to do this
after your site has been completely loaded or create a button in your
movie that LOADS the SWF containing the AUDIO giving the user the
choice of listening or not. I'm incluing quite a bit of my own music
on my site in an AUDIO section. Visitors can choose from a song list
that references other SWF with one song in each. In efect I've
created a Jukebox or playlist that only loads what the user chooses
to hear.