Subject: Re: FLASH: Turbine and Flash 3
From: John Dowdell
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 21:45:34 +0100

At 7:30 AM 8/25/99, David Grissett wrote:
>A repost;
>Has anyone been using Turbine with Flash to automate their page updates?
>
>> Has anyone ever had trouble creating a working .swt file for Turbine?
>>
>> My swt files are not being recognized by the browser; but the sample .swt
>> files are run without complaint.

I did read your original post and did some research on it, but I haven't
used Turbine yet myself and so am not aware of any common gotcha's there,
regrets.

It did catch my eye that you expected the browser to recognize SWT files...
these template files can be acted upon by Macromedia Generator (and, I
presume, by Turbine), but I would not expect the browser to recognize a
SWT. The Flash Player inside the browser works with SWFs.

I'm not certain whether this is a core part of the issue there, however...
your mention of "the sample .swt" led me to assume this was just an
email-interpretation issue, rather than a core technical issue. I don't
have a quick lock on the difficulty, sorry.

jd