Subject: RE: FLASH: Flash Player 5
From: Tom Kerwin
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 07:39:35 +0100

The download page - that is horrific usability if ever I saw it. If anyone
from Macromedia's reading...

A niggling thing for me is that they insist on using the graphic for the
"Click Here to Install/ Autoinstall now" button so it doesn't show up until
after you've read past it. I do indeed want to be able to autoinstall NOW,
not in a few moments, by which time I'm hunting around on step 3 anyway.
Many's the time when I've loaded up the license terms cause I'm trying to
"click to begin the installation", and it's not like I'm a web muppet or
first timer to the page.

And how are the steps they show any kind of logical progression? How can it
be a good first impression of what is quite a usable product to provide such
an un-usable download interface?

Please Macromedia, give our users a nice install page...