Subject: FLASH: mime types and server stuff
From: Lamont, Sarah
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 16:01:22 +0100

hello everyone...

It has been a loooonnng time since I last used this list! If anyone
remembers me, hello! For anyone who doesn't, nice to meet you.

I know it might be rude to start off my subscription to the list with an
urgent question, but....

I was wondering if someone could explain to me about mime types. I have a
problem because a site I made was recently uploaded, and the homepage, which
is done with Flash, does not show up. The server uploaded .swf to the mime
types, thinking this would solve the problem, but it doesn't. I used Colin
Moock's sniffer to redirect un-flashers to an un-flashed homepage, so it
shouldn't be a problem with the user's browser. Does anyone have any
information they think could help me? I'm at my wits end.

thanks a lot,
§arah E. Lamont
Elan Communications
Graphic Designer