Subject: FLASH: Eval or not to Eval
From: Stuart Mayhew (Garanti Teknoloji)
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 19:44:44 +0100

Hi Flashers,

I am hoping that somebody in a clear and concise manner can explain the purpose and function of the Eval function in the action script editor. I thought I understood the purpose of it and even attempted the flash example in the manual which was working fine, however it is really a mystery to me how it actually works, this feature seems especially important and now that I want to start projects using speed and friction, for example, it is essential I get it clear how to use it. Please I beg you I have been pacing around trying to understand its use and application, and the general descriptions from other sites are not helping, they are just making it more confusing for me. I really need an idiots guide to its working and why to use it.

for example what is the difference between using Eval and just using the variable in a loop????

anyway the carpet is wearing thin look forward to your replys

Stuart