Subject: RE: FLASH: OT: Flash 6 aka DirectFlash!
From: Joe Shoults
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 16:10:46 +0100

Ouch! sorry, John, but you hit a nerve there. yes, the AWP is mainly just
on intranets, but that's only because that's how it's promoted by a
short-sighted Macromedia. If we could just get the plugin included
alongside Shockwave/Flash during the install of IE and NS, AW use would
explode, especially as the whole e-learning world explodes. One would think
that MM could change the installer that ships with IE and NS to be a
triple-installer to cover the bases for these apps. So many people are
already unwittingly spending way more than they need to using Director to
make training apps instead of using the right tool for the job...

But instead, it seems more and more that Authorware is fading away into the
woodwork...

In regards to what this has to do with Flash, with a more ubiquitous AW,
people could stop worrying about how to use Flash as a training
architectural development tool (as some are) and instead just use Flash to
supply the media assets for use within the AW training structures.

OK, now I'm off my soapbox.

Joe