Subject: Re: FLASH: tell when a webpage has loaded/ more?
From: Catherine Kunicki
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 15:14:57 +0100

Hi. Thanks again for the help. Now I need a little more direction.

I couldn't find a script which did exactly what I need, so I am figuring out
how to do it on my own.

So far I have the flash sending an FS command in the first frame which
causes Javascript to display an alert, and then I have Javascript sending an
alert when the images have loaded.

So far, so good.

I am having difficulty though in getting the Javascript to tell the flash to
do something. I'd like to have the onload function telling my flash to
play.

I've tried movie.Play() and it doesn't. (my movie is called littlebutton.
they jscript I am trying is actually "littlebutton.Play();"

The script on this page
http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/publishexport/scriptingwithflash4/sc
riptingwithflash4_06.html defines a variable like this:

var buttons = InternetExplorer ? window.nav.navmovie :
window.nav.document.navmovie;

and reading this leads me to think that perhaps I am not naming the flash
what it wants to be named when I have attempted to send a message back to
the flash from the javascript.

my flash has a stop action in the first frame, along with an FSCommand.
(There's a button in the first frame). Subsequent to the button there is a
little animation. I am assuming if clicking the button will cause the flash
to play, that a command from the javascript telling it to play will do the
same thing.

anyhow, my test is here:http://www.catdot.com/tmoth/

if anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be greatful,

thanks,

catherine