Subject: FLASH: fyi: Macromedia Customer Service, heavy traffic
From: John Dowdell
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 20:57:08 +0100

Just a heads-up that there's been incredible response to the release this
week of Macromedia Flash 5, and the Customer Service group here has been
receiving an unprecedented number of calls about upgrade policies, serial
number confirmations, checking expected dates for different packagings,
etc.

We've shifted some additional staffers from other areas into handling these
calls, but please be advised that there may be more of a delay than we'd
like. It's great that people are so excited, but thank goodness we shipped
during the dog days of summer.... ;-)

The number one Customer Service call right now is a difficulty in finding a
pre-order listed in the store, and the most frequent cause (as I understand
it) is that the pre-order was placed before logging in to the membership
center. In this case there would be a temporary account created, and this
can cause the "can't find order" symptom.

If you can't find an existing pre-order in the store, then try logging in
again by putting "1" before your name. ("1jdowdellatmacromedia [dot] com" or
whichever log-in name you use, eg.) This would duplicate what the store had
to do in the pre-order session with an unlogged account.

The number two difficulty is with retrieving a lost password, and this can
be handled in the membership center itself... at the log-in page there's a
button to mail the password back to your email address.

My apologies for any delays you may experience when trying to confirm
details with folks here in the shop... it's exhilirating to see so much
interest, but it's distressing for everyone if calls can't get through
immediately. I hope the above two top issues may help some folks on the
list, and I look forward to what ya'll do with the new version of the tool!
8)

jd

NudeGuru.com is proud to sponsor the Flasher list