Subject: Re: FLASH: Can anyone helpme doing a PC & MAC PROJECT ON CD?? !"!
From: Michael@BTW
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 18:40:58 +0100

.swfs and .dirs are cross platform, your Mac projector (you'll need a Mac
format Director projector too) can play the same ones your PC projector
does. You will need to make a hybrid CD theough, the ISO (PC formats) will
mess up the Mac projectors. The tool I use for this is Toast, though you
need a Mac to run it, you make a hybrid CD, use the XA format, and preserve
Win95 names.

There was some talk on the list about a PC CD creation software that could
make an HFS (Mac) partition on the CD on the list recently, check the
archive. However, the Windows version of Flash makes a Mac projector in a
compressed (stuffit) archive, you need someone with a Mac to uncompress it
and turn it into a working projector and if you put that projector back on
an ISO (PC formatted) disk, it will break it. If you can't get access to a
Mac w/Toast to make the CDs, it might be better to have the Mac users access
the files through a browser using the flash/shockwave plug-ins and an html
page.

Michael Penney
Check out Part 1 of our Northwest Travel Series: Fishing Hat Creek
Warning, don't watch this movie if images of lunker trout, gorgeous
waterfalls, and deep dark caverns upset you!
http://www.bigtimeweb.com/travel/travel.html