Subject: Re: FLASH: font compatibility
From: John Croteau
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 18:26:41 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Massimo,

> I wondered: if I publish a page with e.g. 'bodoni' not broke apart, and he
> who visits the page has not 'bodoni' installed, he won't be able to see my
> page properly, isn't it?

All visitors to a Flash site see the same fonts yhat you have designed
it to have. When you export a Flash movie to an swf file for use on the
Web (or elsewhere) it includes all the font shape information that is
needed to display your fonts whether or not those fonts are installed on
the users computer.

The fonts on the users computer are never used unless you include the
command DeviceFont and this only works with Windows and only if the user
has the exact font installed on his system.

My experiance with Devicefont when used with Flash has been less than
satisfactory with variations on how well it works varied even within
Windows. I just suggest you leave DeviceFont unchecked.

Need a PC ? -- Computer King --
http://www.crownmall.com/computers/