Subject: FLASH: Alpha Channels Messed up?
From: Adam Bruce
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 13:24:42 GMT

I noticed two things yesterday, Aftershock doesn't perfectly match the
HTML background to the movie background if you have a custom color. And
Secondly, if you set the window mode to "transparent Windowless" Alpha
Channels fade to the color of the movie background instead of the HTML
background causing a "ghosting" effect.

I would show you an example, but I can't FTP through the company
firewall, and our internal web server is not Internet viewable......

Has anyone else noticed this? Now it could be because I'm running a 16
bit display instead of 24 bit..... FWIW though, I noticed too that PNG
file backgrounds also fade to the color of the original background
instead of the HTML background when embeded in a Flash movie....

-Adam