Subject: Re: FLASH: Scenes should be AVOIDED???
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 20:00:55 GMT

At 02:27 PM 12/11/98 -0500, you wrote:
>If you have a button within one's "main" movie which, when
>clicked on, loads a separate .swf file on the same level (so it
>replaces the main movie, I guess?) how and when do you preload
>this separate .swf file?

Why not load it on another level? The only reason I can think to load into
the main level is to reset the frame rate and/or stage color or to unload
all higher movies in one fell swoop.

To preload the second movie, have it load in another level and have it
start in a parked frame (stop action, nothing visible) until needed. When
it starts, the main movie can move to its own parked frame if you don't
want it to show.

Marc Hoffman