Subject: RE: FLASH: Scenes should be AVOIDED???
From: David Williamson
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 09:56:40 GMT

The load movie command is VERY POWERFULL feature of flash 3. think
about this.

If you create a set of seperate movies that talk to each other via a
'container' moviebyt cheacking where the seperate movies ahve there
biggest hits in the bandwidth profiler you can load in other swf into
the viewers cache vie aht base movie, also if you manage to workout the
average time that it takes a user to get the main companents of your
site in, you can have event actions triggerd that pullin any other
content.

This is somthing i had planned for the BBC Medicine through tim, but
time was against us.

of scenes with new symbols in, you start getting penalties in terms of
files size of your final SWF. however, the file is still going to
stream, something that dosent always go smoothly with loading movies.

Also there are problems with the mac plugin which means it can get a bit
twitchy if you try and load more than one Movie at a time. You need to
wait for the whole of one movie to load before you load the next.

the parked state i presume would just be a blank first frame with a stop
command on the movie that is loading in. You could even substitute this
with its own If frame is loaded loop so the user knows why they cant do
anything as it comes in.

cheers dave
David Williamson
Spooky and the Bandit