Subject: Re: FLASH: Problem with JS/Flash on MAC
From: John Dowdell
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 21:07:56 GMT

At 5:18 AM 12/12/98, Jochen Kugele wrote:
> But I will try it with the IE4 on MAC to get further information.

Sorry... IE/Macs do not offer JavaScript communication with plugins.

You can do it with Java-enabled Netscape 3+ browsers on PowerMac or Win32;
or with ActiveX-enabled Microsoft browsers on Win32. No IE/Mac, no Win3.1,
no 68K Mac, no Java-disabled Netscape, no plugin-using Microsoft.

I don't have a symptom match for "every start takes a minute"... I can't
effectively guess what's the difference there, regrets.

You may wish to test a small sample movie; small sample JavaScript;
multiple browsers on that machine; multiple machines; known-to-be-good
FSCommand-using sites on the net. By widening the baseline a little the
critical difference will likely be revealed.

jd