Subject: Re: FLASH: World Luxury Virtual Reality Magazine for Beta testing
From: Nathan Livingstone Vale
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 13:07:39 GMT

Flashers! check out http:vrlx.com.net/testsite/ for beta testing.

Arno wrote,

>No problems on power mac netscape 4,06...
>
>Just the first open in new window-page that contains two images non
>available.
>

>Here's a great site using big nice pictures.
>Intro and navigation ok, perhaps the help section is two long, do something
>thinner...
>Think'bout the poor 13 kps modems that still exist...
>

>Question :
>01 Why do you use so much swf files
>02 I'm wondering how U do a single page containing a lot of swf's.
>
>Continue like this ...
>And don't forget to answer me.
>

>Sincerely.
>Arno
>

>(Sorry bout my sentences, i'm french).

Arno,

Thank-you for beta testing our site. We have just fixed up the new-window
page with plug-in detect facilities so we would encourage you to go back
and install the plugins. There are over 300+ QTVR and 40 IPIX of luxury
locations around the world to explore!

The help file is there to teach first timers how to interact with the
interface.

In regards to your questions:

1. we have used over 500 swf files in this site. This spreads the streaming
in to the direction the user wants to take.! As this is an online magazine
with advertising we have strategicly placed ads in sections where the user
waits. For example , - going to another location around the world.

2. A single html page may contain a lot of .swf's by using the load .swf
command in different levels. We are loading .swf's in up to ten levels!

Nathan

Nathan Livingstone Vale
New Media Developer
nathanathyro [dot] com