Subject: Re: AW: FLASH: Text Choices
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 21:53:05 GMT

At 10:01 PM 2/7/99 +0100, you wrote:

>> > I had to resize a Flash movie by about 50%, which made my
>> decent looking 18
>> > pt. text a very fuzzy 9 pt. mess. What's the best approach
>> for rendering
>> > readable text at smaller sizes?
>
>Just thought about this problem and feel like asking: What fonts do you
>think are the most readable on low sizes? In my last project I was forced to
>use Arial as it was the only readable font. (yes, it looked horrible (: )

If all your text is that size, you could choose to turn off anti-aliasing
for text, which will make it crisper but won't do any smoothing at larger
point sizes.

Verdana is a bit more elegant than Arial and was developed for readability
over the web. You can download it free from Microsoft.

Marc Hoffman