Subject: FLASH: Popup Windows
From: SANIsoft
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 10:01:56 GMT

Hello Colin,
Was playing around with the technique three for poping up windows when I
discovered that clicking the second time on the button (once the window
has popped) just closes the window but does not reopen it!

The only work around I could find, after some trial N error was
inserting an alert

<snip>
} else {

newwin.close();

alert("Closing Popped up Window to Open New Window");
// ^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^ inserted statement

newwin = window.open(winurl,winname,winfeatures);
}
<snip>

I am using IE4.72.xx is there any other work around or am I doing
something wrong
the alert is rather irritating :)

TIA
Tarique