Subject: FLASH: Distributing plugin for Intranet
From: Derek Kelly
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 11:01:55 GMT

Hi

We are rolling out IE4 onto our Intranet and as I would like to use some Flash on it I wanted to include the plugin. We are using the IEAK to customise the browser and I assumed that it would be able to build in the latest version of the Flash plugin.

I think that normally the IEAK CD comes with Flash 2 as part of the build. However we want to roll it out with the Flash 3 plugin. In the IEAK there is a option called AVS (automatic version synchronisation) which we thought synchronised the latest versions of the plugins we wanted (ie it connected to the Internet, then went and checked that the plugin in your build was the latest version and if it wasn't then it would download the latest one) , therefore that would mean that we would have the Flash 3 plugin as part of pur customisation.

However each time we test install it we only have the Flash 2 plugin.

Of course we could use the Flash 2 plugin but that would restrict what we could design. If anyone has any ideas or has tried this before then I would be very grateful to hear them. I tried the Microsoft support here in the UK but they weren't too helpful

Thanks in advance

Derek Kelly
0171 333 1886