Subject: Re: FLASH: OT: Your Professional opinion...
From: Al Rosetti
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 17:35:45 GMT

bob, I'll try my best to explain my opinion on this

As for picking Photoshop...... I do it for only one reason. It's the
industry standard. Using the program that 99% of everyone else uses on a
daily basis has tremendous benefits like.....

zillions of plug-ins
zillions of people making examples you can learn from
zillions of people to help you when you run into a jam
all your friends are using the same thing
all your potential employers ask if you know it
if you're an employer all your potential employees know it so you won't have
to switch software

Paintshop Pro might be able to do everything Photoshop can do, but once
Photoshop became the standard it's the only way to go. Now.... I'm not
saying that if PSpro came out with some very useful features I wouldn't buy
it for those few things it can do better than Photoshop. In fact, it's
screen capture feature is pretty cool, which is the only thing I use PSpro
for.

As for picking Freehand over Illustrator....
I'd pick Freehand because FLASH is the standard for the web and both
programs work fairly well together. I suppose if I was working in the print
world I'd pick Illustrator.

hope that helps explain my thoughts,

Al Rosetti
http://www.websitepartners.com