Subject: FLASH: EPS, FH8, SWF and FLASH
From: Ashley Vail
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 00:50:58 GMT

I am stumped!

Error message: "The EPS file was not completely understood. Part or all
of the file may be missing.

Flash only supports importing the Adobe Illustrator EPS file format. Most
drawing tools, including Macromedia FreeHand, import and export this format."

I tried to import an EPS file created in FreeHand 8.0 because of its
compatibility with Flash 3.0. I also tried saving the file as an .fh8 file
format and importing into Flash 3.0 only to discover the option is not
there. I've even tried exporting the file from FreeHand 8.0 as a .swf file
format which is then imported incompletely into Flash 3.0. (The file is
text with effects and only the first letter of the text is transferred in
the .swf format.)

How is anyone importing files into Flash 3.0???

Regards to all,
A.Vail