Subject: FLASH: flash layout with global navbar
From: Karen Parry
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 02:03:48 GMT

I'm trying to figure out if I want to do my site as a single Flash movie or
a mix of flash and html frames and need some advice.

I want a simple global navbar setup at the top of every page (and scene).
When something is chosen from the navbar the content area below is changed.
In html this would best be done as a simple two-frame window. What is the
best way to do it in Flash? How do I create it (the navbar area) only once
and have it automatically show on all pages? Would I do it as a large
symbol with embedded animated symbols for the rollovers? Please also let me
know any special terminology to look for in the Flash manual (ie. what does
the book call this kind of thing)?

Cheers,
Karen

Karen Parry/Black Graphics