Subject: FLASH: Problems with Netscape 4.7
From: Swain Troy
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 16:42:11 GMT

Hi. I just created a page with sound and lots of action-scripting.

www.funky-afro.com

When a friend loaded my page on Netscape 4.7, G3 Powerbook, there was no
sound. Navigator crashed after clicking on the "dance" button. The dancing
animation loaded but I could not click out or end program without force
quit.

On other attempts there was still no sound. The dance sequence loaded
instead of the new head animation when clicking on "new head"

Perhaps Flash 3 can read some parts of my page and that's what my friends
had on their machines?

Overall
- Never heard sound.
- Dance loaded and played but caused navigator crash, could not click out
- New head did not load. Dance loaded instead with same above failure.

Everything works on Internet Explorer 4.5.

Could the Netscape my friends use still have Flash 3? Is that possibly the
problem?

Further Notes:
The dance routine is a seperate MC dropped in the main scene. It's triggered
by the "dance" button which uses a Tell Target to start the movie. The
second button in the dance routine, "new head," simply sends the movie to
another frame.

BTW, I'm new to Flash and a lurker on this list... sorry if I step on any
toes with breaches of etiquette and whatnot.

flasher is generously supported by...