Subject: Re: FLASH: SOUNDtrack in Flash? Streaming with Scenes? HELP!
From: Marc Hoffman, Poison Dart Frog Media
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 22:43:14 GMT

At 02:31 PM 2/7/00 , you wrote:
>Hello!
>Thanks for reading.
>I'm a beginner/intermediate Flash designer and I'm designing a 'commercial'
>with a sound track.
>
>MY QUESTION IS:
>How can I edit the flash file to fit in time with the soundtrack?
>
>Simple question I know - but I've looked EVERYWHERE for answers and found
>none. (I even bought Flash 4 Magic!)
>If I set the sound to Stream - I get exactly what I want! I can hear while
>I'm editing - however in the next scene the sound is gone, and this is a
>file with about 12 scenes in it.
>
>What am I doing wrong?

What you are doing wrong, unfortunately, is that you are using scenes.
Combine them all into a one-scene movie and everything will be fine. In the
future, try not to rely on scenes; they cause several problems (as was
discussed here earlier today).

If combining into one scene is impossible, you will need to split up your
sound file for use in each scene. Using an external sound editor will be
simplest. A bit trickier, but definitely possible, is to use the whole
sound in each scene but use the in/out edit markers (little grey
rectangles) in the Sound Properties box to select just the part of the
sound that should play in that scene.

>Isn't there a way to get what I want?
>How do others usually edit to a soundtrack?

Marc Hoffman

Poison Dart Frog Media: Specializing in Flash Animation and Digital Audio
Production
Our latest Flash job is on display at <http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/rickfrnd>
See our Flash portfolio at <http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/sampler>
(featured in Flash 3 Web Animation, by Ken Milburn)

flasher is generously supported by...