Subject: FLASH: Plug in error with Printing SDK Part III
From: Mike Weiland
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 06:12:07 GMT

I still haven't been able to resolve this problem with Netscape. I have
found some interesting info regarding my printing problem in Netscape. I was
able to get a small stub movie to print (at least bring up the print dialog
box and not crash, I don't have a printer connected at the moment) opening
the file from my hard drive, not http. Once I upload my file to my server I
get the plug-in error. So I then went back to the ad_banner.html example and
it played it localy and it worked. I then uploaded the document to my server
and recieved the error! I tried it on another one of my servers and the same
results! Is there something on the server end that needs to be done? I can
get the sample to work at Macromedia, I take that back I can print the ad
banner at Macromedia, but the HP example gave me the same error!

I have the ad_banner sample on my site at
http://www.certificatecreator.com/certificates/templates/forms/ad_banner.htm

My own movie can be found at http://www.certificatecreator.com/main.asp

Again, I can reproduce this on Netscape 4.04 & Netscape 4.7 on 2 different
PCs, haven't heard from my Mac beta testers. The Flash plug in is version
4,0,25,0. IE 4.5 & 5 print my files just fine, its just Netscape that throws
up the alert when playing from a Web server (using file:// my files work
fine):

a Plugin Window
An error occured during this operation.

Sometimes Netscape will crash completely after this error, other times it
stays up. If it crashes I either get it in NPSWF32.DLL or KERNEL32.DLL.

Thanks for any help,

Mike Weiland
Wasatch Interactive Learning
5250 S. Commerce Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84107
mikeatwasatchnet [dot] com www.wasatchnet.com

The only thing I don't get is the fact that
> In the print_clip movie clip there is an additional movie clip called
> tech_sheet. Did you do this in your movie?
>
> Rebecca

flasher is generously supported by...