Subject: RE: FLASH: Tell Target question still not working
From: Eric Smollin
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 20:05:03 GMT

>Thanks for your help, but still no dice!! Now, I must be doing something
>really stupid here, but I just don't know what.

>Here's what I did. Maybe I didn't understand your instructions.

>The second MC: 'Indexfadeout'.
>I've gone to the library to edit the MC.
>I've moved the whole thing along a couple of frames.
>I've put a Stop action on the first frame of the timeline.
>I've labelled the first frame of the movie - 'play'.
>I have a Stop action on the last frame.

>Now, I go to the first MC. 'index'
>I go to the library to edit it.
>I've selected the button instance that I want the action asigned to.
>I've gone to ACTIONS.
>Then I've entered this:

>On (Press)
> Begin Tell Target ("/indexfadeout")
> Go to and Play ("play")
> End Tell Target
>End On

>And when I test the movie and click on the button, nothing happens!!

>I must just not be understanding something here. Sorry to be a pain in the
>backside.

You should only have one MC, the one containing the transition. The button
used to call this transition should sit on the main timeline. Did you assign
an Instance Name to your MC (double click on it and enter a name in the
Instance Name field)? If you did, you should be able to select that name by
double-clicking on it in the Tell Target window.

It's tough to guess beyond that. Feel free to post the file somewhere and I
would be happy to look at it for you.

Good Luck
-Eric-

flasher is generously supported by...