Subject: Re: FLASH: OT: The Big Job Hunt
From: John Brzys
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 20:52:25 GMT

> Does anyone believe that the waiting time for employment reconsideration
should be shortened?

> In a field where technology is constantly reinventing itself, an
employer's needs and the potential employee's skills, it seems the
application process should change too.

It has changed. It used to be that you looked in the paper, matched
potential prospects
typed a letter, added a pre-printed resume, stuffed an envelope slapped on a
stamp
and prayed that the US postal service would deliver it to the correct
address.

Now all anyone has to do is have their resume information as a great big
text field.
Recruiters use software to search for potential prospects for you. I've had
recruiters
call me the very same day I applied for a position.

> I realize there are a myriad of resumes examined each day which is time
consuming. But in a market that is very lucrative, shouldn't the employment
process be simplified and the waiting period shortened?

> It's frustrating to apply for a position online only to realize that the
position was filled three weeks ago.

> OR
>
> One has to wait another 5 to 11 monthes for employment reconsideration
(since they applied earlier) even though they are qualified for a new
available position.

> Any thoughts?
>
> David

I think you are looking too hard. Let someone else do the looking for you.
These recruiters get
a handsome percentage for each position they fill. In the IT field it comes
out to about 25k-35k per
head they place. If indeed you are qualified for one of these lucrative
positions, you will be turning away headhunters everyday.

flasher is generously supported by...