Subject: Re: Thanks anyway.... Re: FLASH: Student site check request
From: unique
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 01:41:04 GMT

Alan lamented thusly:

>I wanted to thank everyone that took time to check out my Flash project.

Alan, hardly any of us had a fair chance to EVEN NOTICE your request for help.

YOUR MISTAKE (I went back and looked.): You need to START A NEW
THREAD for a NEW PROBLEM (*yours*).

THAT is why you received so little response. You tacked your question
onto the end of another topic, and failed to change the subject
header.

Compose your posts properly, and you WILL get what you need from the
participants in this list.

>With all due respect,

No, not really.

>I did find it interesting that out of the 5 responses,
>only one of them addressed my concerns about the lightness/darkness issues.
>I did receive some other valuable tips... but my original issue was never
>resolved.

Hopefully, having read what I've written above, you now understand WHY NOT.

>I suppose everyone else was too busy posting about Non-Flash
>issues and participating in flame wars to help me out. Thanks anyway.

You sound bitter, and holding contempt.

Get off your high horse, and ASK FOR WHAT YOU WANT, in an appropriate
way, and you will be taken care of.

This is a GREAT LIST, and it deserves no disrespect.

HTH,

Ken Sherwood

--

"In particular, I was musing about where Flash would be in a couple
of years. Right now, it's been delivered to a vast number of

-- hwg-theory list contributor, 2000.02.12

flasher is generously supported by...