Subject: RE: FLASH: automatic updating in flash
From: Joseph Scully
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 00:52:14 GMT

Suzanne

I'm just back from a Macromedia seminar here in Dublin.
They were demo'ing the Flash4, Generator2, Dreamweaver3, Fireworks3,
Drumbeat2000 and the new ones...Freehand 9 and Director 8. Director8 looks
incredible!

..Anyway.....Generator2 does exactly what you want. You create a flash
movie, use it as a Generator template, link it to a database and hey presto
- a flash movie displaying dynamic data from a database. I'm sure that you
could write a script to reload a "dynamic" movie into your current movie
every 5mins or so. That would contain the most up-to-data data!

Unfortunately, only a handful of ISPs around the world support Generator at
the moment. You would need to be hosting your own web-site for the complete
Generator solution.

I've probably missed the target with the above answer BUT I'm off out on the
town to get drunk!!
Have a good weekend!

Joe