Subject: RE: FLASH: OT: Design computer configuration---under $3500.
From: Branden Hall
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 12:51:07 GMT

I'm sorry to hear about your crashes... but honestly, Flash has only
crashed here on my laptop running NT server 3 times over the past 4 months
or so, usually when I leave the computer in suspend mode for long (NT server
HATES suspend mode on Dell I7Ks, beats me why)

You are correct in saying that you should crash-test for all of your
audience, however, due to Microsofts sabatoging of IE for the Mac, we
usually only develop for two families of browsers on the Mac, Netscape 3+
and Netscape 4+. Hence most of the targeted machines are on the PC, IE 3+,
IE 4+, IE 5, NS 3, and NS 4. It simply makes more sense to do my Flash and
JS work on a win box. A lot of our graphic artists do use Macs, and since I
am officially in the creative services division, even my boss has a nice
shiny G4. However, they do the design, but its myself and other programmers
that actually make the websites work in the real world. It would just plain
suck having to output a test HTML file and then run over to a PC to see how
it looks and works. It doesn't make much sense to me... Don't get me
wrong, Macs have far superior hardware in many cases, but I just can't work
on them. Tis a moot point anyways, since as soon as there is a Flash dev
tool for linux windows is going down the hole for good! I can use Wine to
test all of the browsers I can think of!

-= Branden J. Hall
-= Multimedia Developer/Instructor
-= Fig Leaf Software