Subject: Re: FLASH: Dynamically populated, scrollable, selectable text
From: Neal Cabage
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 04:24:00 GMT

Wow - this is really great! I thought for sure this would be where I
reached the limits of Flash4 interactivity. Guess not! Well, this leaves
me with two questions as I guess these rest will answer themselves as I dig
into the examples.

1. How did you know about this site? Is it a common-knowledge resource
amongst Flashers? I know Moock and Macromedia and that's about it (not that
these - especially Moock aren't already great resources) ... but that's all
I know of online.

2. the term "widget" has popped up acouple of times today. I looked it up
in the Flash "help topics" but to no avail. What does this term mean
exactly? Being a developer, I can't help but to get a little giddy at the
possibility that there's some SDK with which you can develop extension
objects (eg COM/COBRA). I know this is doubtful ... but I have to ask
anyway. ;-)

Thanks!

Oh - one more question. I tried to send a ZIP file with proof-of-concept to
answer the question of how to read in variables into Flash but I didn't see
it post. Do emails with attachments get filtered out?

Neal Cabage