Subject: Flash and AOL
From: Ken Lanxner
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 21:40:30 -0000

A Flash movie embedded in a cell will fit snugly in that cell with no
margin using Internet Explorer. Any version of Netscape appears to add a
few pixels of margin around the embedded .swf, so I make the cell a
little larger to accomodate this.

But AOL seems to require about 30 pixels or more of white space around
an embedded Flash movie or it will throw off the table alignment! Not
only is that a huge amount of white space, but regardless of my cell
settings, the movie is pushed to the bottom of the cell, leaving all 30
pixels of white space above it.

Am I doing something wrong? Can this be adjusted in Publish settings?

Here is a sample page in which I see this problem in AOL 5.0 for Mac:

http://www.thirdlives.com/index.html

Thanks,
Ken

http://www.thirdlives.com