Subject: Re: [flasher] Get URL with Flash in Parent Window
From: Gregg Caines
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 14:37:20 -0000

There's no need for JavaScript if the parent window has a name.
If it was opened using a target name
(<a href='asdf.html' target='parent'>asdf</a>) or if it was opened
as a frame with a name, you can specify that target in the
getURL().

However, if you're just trying to do a general change of URL for
any document with any parent, then JavaScript is the way to go...

Gregg Caines
n e o m e t r i x systems inc.
http://www.neometrixsystems.com
gcainesatneometrixsystems [dot] com

> The suggested article referenced below is great. But, my original
question was
> regarding the possibility of opening an URL in the parent window from the
Flash
> movie. I don't believe the article below discusses that.
>
> As I mentioned below, I would like to include a Get Url command in the
Flash movie